Gretchen, the PE swim teacher for the primary and intermediate kids, came to Bali and we ran on the beach in the sand 3 mornings in a row. It was awesome. That was actually my first time running on a beach. One of the mornings, many Balinese people were by the ocean for some type of ceremony. All Gretchen and I could see as we were running we people wearing white. They had prepared flowers and were releasing things into the ocean that I couldn't see. It was pretty cool.
Bali is approximately 8 degress south of the equator- so now I've been to the Southern Hemisphere! I have to say the weather was pretty awesome- I liked it better than Singapore's weather. It seemed less humid and more bearable. Singapore is 1 degree north of the equator- so it's just super humid and hot. I looked at the weather forecast today (October 19) and it's 90 degress and hazy like all of the days. Whoa!
Anyway, I'm not going to talk about weather anymore because I'm missing the fall weather back in the States. It feels weird not having a change in weather for the seasons. I'm probably going to be in shock when I get back into cold weather...December here I come!
Back to Bali- I've never seen so many motorcycles. Not even in Italy or Europe. Tons and tons. We walked to most of the places- we stayed in Seminyak- and there was a restuarant we went to- Ku De Ta that I highly recommend. Awesome sushi- I'm getting into sushi now. Probably cause it's just so hot here and that is cold!
So just so you know, 300,000 rupiah (their currency) is about US$29. Seems weird. Our meal at Ku De Ta was over $1,000,000 rupiah! Haha...it was the million dollar meal.
Richard (banker friend) wants to see Eat, Prey, Love (gotta love Richard) so I think we may go this weekend...lots of the movie is set in Bali! I admire Richard's seize the moment in Asia way of living...he's here for a few more months...I got to meet some his Singaporean friends this past weekend. That was fun and nice to branch out.
Love from Singapore- time to start winding down- I have this thing called "Bootcamp" tomorrow- we'll see how I survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment