We had an awesome speaker come to us from the States named Georgia Heard. She's very inspiring. She's a poet, writer, and teacher. I read one of her books about teaching poetry on the beach in Bali. Her work with students in Harlem and other places in NYC has helped me with my students. I feel like I'm finally learning more about teaching poetry like I've wanted to in the past. Laurie Young always had these "poetry doors" that she always talked about, but I finally have the time and resources to learn how to really do this stuff. I'm going to have to tell Laurie.
The kids were cute today and I've been hanging out with Akira and his girlfriend. Tonight is finally a night when I'm coming home before 9 PM.
And...Just got sidetracked by Facebook...see what happens!! Now I need to shower and go to bed. How time flies and you get sucked in by the Internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment