Monday, October 11, 2010

Gettin Itchy to Leave the Island!

So....I'm leaving for Bali on Wednesday night- I'm so excited! It will be nice to have a change in the routine and actually RELAX a little! Of course the pace is hectic, but it keeps my exercise on pace- I run faster here! Crazy!

I had a nice weekend- a balance with doing things I wanted to do, friends, and doing what I needed to get done, done. Saturday I ran and then ate lunch with Richard in the "Food Republic" in Somerset. I had Korean food for the first time- some chicken and vegetable soup with egg in it. It was weird because I wasn't expecting the egg, then I saw it in there- like sunny-side up- and I hate yolk- but oh well. Becca would be proud. There were all these sprouts in it- and I was trying to be healthy- but the chicken wasn't the best grade chicken- oh well. Richard was funny all day- and we went swimming after in Barbara's pool and he couldn't keep up pace with me, swimming-wise. He knew. When you're not used to the water, you get out of breath quickly and easily. After we swam, we just chilled on the side and Richard was trying to get me to update my Facebook status with weird updates like "looking at maps- 17 out of 20 on the fun scale!" I was looking at my i phone- the maps trying to find out where a movie theater was located. Looking at the map was actually really cool- found out I live near a nice park- and I've been here for 3 months and still haven't gone to it.

Saturday night I went out with some girls from school and then met up with Richard at this place called "Pump Room". I walked in around 10 PM and it was like SAS central. So many teachers were there and a lot of PE teachers! One of the PE teachers was celebrating her birthday, so I was the PE teacher that teaches my kids and it was cool to see him out. It was nice to be out on Sat. night instead of staying in like I did last weekend. You have to force yourself to do those things sometimes, especially if you were homesick!

I went to a brunch on Sunday for 10/10/10 and started getting excited about Bali. Gretchen, the swim teacher for the primary and intermediate school, is coming and she was at the brunch. We siked ourselves up. 4 single girls in Bali!! Woo hoo! I had a nice run in the afternoon and actually made food for the second time in my apartment, which was also fun. If I had more time, I would probably cook more- or if I was cooking with someone. Isn't that the story of our lives!! Food is such an interesting phenomenon if you think about it...

Speaking of food- a high school classmate of mine is moving here October 20- and he's a chef! It will be interesting to hang out with him- most likely I'll get more into food if we hang out a bunch. I've never known any professional chefs before! We weren't friends in high school, but we knew of each other- our friends were friends-and he dated one of my best friends! For all of you who know Farmington High School- it's Aikra Akudo! He's coming to live in Singapore for 2 years...yay!

Gotta go shower- more parent/teacher conferences tomorrow--I'll write about Bali and tell more about the Singapore Sling! I don't remember what is in it...

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment