Monday, August 16, 2010
The First Day- success!
Can hardly hold my eyes open now...wanted to say something, though. What a great day with great kids! Yay and fun. I'll definitely have to write more about it later. Went out to dinner with some girls around my age that were hired a couple of year ago..it was nice that they asked me to come with them. Anyway, come to find out that a teacher that I'm cabbing with is a published author back in the States and pretty much a guru when it comes to reading/language arts! How cool! I always knew she loved what she does, but I didn't realize that she is semi-famous! So fun! We share a taxi in the morning to work each day and she's totally into what she's doing...she's great. She's teaching 8th grade language arts here at SAS. The little wing where she'c located is fun- great teachers in that corridor. I must say, the third grade team is having a blast with 6 new third grade teachers (many of the other teachers moved onto specialist positions). Lots going on...right now mainly school. Time to rest up for day 2 tomorrow! Thanks for reading my blog (especially fellow teachers)- I'm going to have a lot to share. Cool, eh? Lots of love from Singapore--my kids are SO CUTE! And super motivated to learn- how nice. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations!!!!! You had a good day #1. Now onto bigger and better things as each day moves along - you should simply soak it all in, learn from it and make it yours - your experience, and that of your students who will never forget this year in their education and exposure to SAS!!! Keep a journal, write a book, sketch, make a record which will be kept with you to be played out again in the future when this craziness is done...remember - you are living the life hundreds of others can only dream about or remember from back in the day...you ROCK cuz!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDenise
Thanks, Denise--that means a lot!! Had a good day #2, too! :)
ReplyDelete