Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day #2

This will be quick. Good day #2. So tired. Math tests to grade already. Kids and parents very supportive. Listened to some good i tunes from my laptop that I haven't listened to since I was back in DC. So weird how the times change and how songs can bring you back in time...

Gotta love the kid comments from day 1:

"Why did you move to Singapore?"
"Are you married?"

Imagine kid voices. Inquiring kids always want to know that stuff! Talked about Christine and me fighting over clothes when we were younger. Oh what we talk about in third grade...

FYI- the first annual Youth Olympic Games are being held here in Singapore...so cool! And the F1 Grand Prix races are coming in September...Apolo Ohno was thinking of coming...sigh....

Time to grade some math tests! Miss my friends...thinking of those starting DCPS soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dani! You are the best with 3rd graders... I can feel is 12 hours away from you. That telepathy still works even in different time zones. Anyways, I love reading this blog and it makes me smile. keep on writing... its like your diary, except the best part is that we all get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becca- that means a lot! I'm going to keep writing...you just brought tears to my eyes! You would love these third graders--so wordly and movitated and cute!

    ReplyDelete