Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Firsts for everything

August 3, 2010- Tuesday

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while- it's been a bit hectic and I haven't had consistent Internet. I've also been in the process of moving into my new place, which has actually been fun. I'm almost settled and tonight is my first night sleeping in my OWN place! It's also the first time I've had a place by myself- so- it's pretty cool! Who knows what weird noises I'm going to hear tonight- but there are firsts for everything!

One thing I've noticed in Singapore that I'm wondering about...the birds chirp furiously from about 7-8 PM at night- and it starts getting dark around 7 PM. All the birds are in the trees at about: 7 PM. Does anybody know why this occurs? Of course I could google it, but it's so interesting to hear as I'm walking down Orchard Road: "chirp, chirp, chirp" from what seems like a million birds.

On the school front: I started new teacher orientation on Monday and I've just completed my second day. The school (SAS) is absolutely amazing and I know it's going to be intense. As people have said, "it's hardcore". So...I better get to sleep for another day of setting up my classroom and figuring out the lay of the land- the primary, intermediate, middle, and high schools are all encompassed in a 37 acre campus. I can tell it's going to be an exciting, challening, rewarding, and amazing year. My mind and heart are open.

Love to you from Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment