I've thought about blogging again. And I had *pretty much forgotten* that I had even created this blog. My friend Becca had the idea of making a blog so that she could know what was going on over here in Asia. Then you get caught up with life and have so many other things to do besides sit down and write about your day. Even though I used to carefully write in a journal- well, for a long time- but I've recently broke open various journals from over the years--and one important one was started in 2003 when I began student teaching. So I've thought about somehow getting those ideas out there. It's one account of the trials and tribulations of a beginning teacher. I'd say stories are one of the ways in which we learn and my journal is surely is a story. Almost an extreme one. I guess for me, it's always about learning.
So what's been going on in Asia? Well for people all over the world that have read this blog and I do not know, probably because this blog may have come up in google searches, there is so much that you can do here in Asia. Life is not boring as an international teacher. In fact, life goes so fast, that I haven't kept up with this blog.
So in a way, this blog entry is a rekindling. I'll have to think of specific topics for the new blog entries. This one would be a tribute to my first teaching assistant here in Singapore. Over these years and since I arrived at the Singapore American School, Ms. N has been a part of my everyday teaching life. She took her "creative freedom" to make our classroom colorful, artsy, and organized. Now, she will take her amazing skills and bring to life art exhibits in a gallery close to my house. So I won't see Ms. N everyday, but her skill of taking visions and turning them into a reality will live on in Clarke Quay. Go visit her! One day, she will make her debut in NYC.
SAS is still an amazing place; and I've grown a lot. In ways that I did not anticipate happening. But then again, I was an open slate when I arrived here.
No comments:
Post a Comment