On Friday night, I met up with a friend of an acquaintence and we went to an Italian Restaurant in Clarke Quay. There are a lot of expats in Clarke Quay, so it was an interesting scence. We were right on the water. I came home at like 10:45 PM and literally passed out on my bed (wanting to take a "nap" and get up enough energy to wash my face, take off my make up, etc.), but I fell dead asleep until 4 AM when I woke up thinking, "shit- I never washed my face and do I have to be somewhere this morning?" It's such a great feeling to know you can sleep in when it's Saturday! So, I woke up at 4, washed my face, took off my makeup, brushed my teeth, and went back to BED!
Saturday night I had a "reunion" with the people I came over to Singapore with (all of the new hires at SAS) and we went to a really nice house- Frank's house, who did the new teacher orientation from the minute we landed in Singapore. He had a really cute little dog named Feng Shui that I played with for a while. We had a lot of wine to start, hence how I started on my way to this hangover. So, after reconnecting with the new hires and seeing how everyone is doing in their school lives, I met up with the friend of an acquaintence, Richard, and an old friend of his from high school, Toby. We went to Holland Village and the beers were flowing...flowing! We saw a cover band and then went to another bar. It was fun to talk with a Brit again- he's from London, so we talked about London a bunch. Time started passing- I got home at 3 AM and passed out on my bed- AGAIN!
That's where the fun and exhaustion come from...time to unpack a little bit more right now from my things being delivered on Thursday and time to get back into school mode!
Hope I bounce back from the drinking soon! I'm already feeling better after eating...
Love! Dani/Danielle/Dan/Freya
Hi Danielle,
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed you when you called. We were with Auntie Christine & Uncle Al at breakfast. Really nice place in East Windsor called Country Kitching. Great breakfast.
Hey Mom- I think this is you? Yeah- I was trying to get a hold of you, but that's okay. I'm glad you're reading my blog! Hope you had fun with the Carranos!
ReplyDelete