Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sorry for my disappearance...

So...it's been over a week. I apologize. Something had to give- I had been partying way too much. 3:30 AM arrivals home- and intense school weeks- doesn't make for a healthy combination. It was fun, but I've got to settle a little. So this weekend I laid low and did a lot of running, which I was happy about. I've got my poor little bike here that I haven't been able to ride, but I'm glad it's here with me. The great Lawrence helped me get it here and he needs to get out here to Singapore- he probably knows more about it than I do!

So I'm going to Bali, Indonesia in October. We have a 4 day break and I'm getting away with some fun girls and we're going to chill on the beach and who knows what. Probably party until the wee hours of the morning. Who am I?? J/k. That partying was a certain banker's influence- but I stayed away from him this weekend. Who knows what his situation is. And he's here for 6 months. I don't want to party, party, party and then "bye bye", I'm back to LA. That sucks.

Speaking of the banker (it's so bad that I call him that)- we went to the night safari for my birthday (sorry no pics- it was too dark for anything good to come out)-and Richard (the banker) held this huge snake (what is the biggest snake in the world called?) in front of a whole audience of people. He was called up from his seat to do it and he hates snakes apparently. There is one picture of it that one of my friends, Linda, has. Richard got a stuffed animal snake for being a participant and he gave it to me for my birthday. I brought the snake to my classroom and now my students are using it as the bathroom pass. If only Richard knew. I'll tell him sometime.

Ok- so I should try to get some sleep before the work week begins- I can't even begin to explain how intense the work week is. I'm sure you all understand with your respective jobs. I guess i make mine so crazy because I have a work out schedule in there that I try to do as best as I can- so that takes a chunk of time.

If you want to see pictures of my students and class:

http://www.sas.edu.sg/gallery/10-11/Q1/IS/3rd_Grade/Carrier/index.html

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment